Time to make those New Year Resolutions
If your New Year's resolution is to get healthy you have come to the right place. The Way Up offers you a full line of alternative health supplements to help you reach that goal.
Colds & Flu season is once again upon us but what causes colds & flu? The answer is viruses cause colds & flu. Did you know that there are more than 200 different viruses that can cause colds, but much fewer that can cause the flu? This fact is why there's a shot available for the flu and not for colds.
The best way to protect yourself from colds is to boost your immune system.
But what is the immune system?
Simply stated it is a balanced network of cells and organs that defend you against disease by blocking foreign proteins from getting into your body.
Products such as vitamin C& zinc are well known for their ability to help boost the immune system. But there are also a variety of herbs that can be very beneficial as well.
- Maitake and Shiitake Mushrooms which contain beta-glucan which has been associated with immune modulation. Studies have shown this may inhibit the growth of tumors in cancerous mice. Some human clinical studies using this in malignancies are underway.
- Cordyceps is a dried fungus which grows on caterpillar larvae. It is rich in polysaccharides to help activate immune system response. It is used in traditional Chinese medicine.
- Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6) also aids in immune regulation and the regulation of a variety of importnt cellular functions. IP6 is found in nuts, seeds, grains and legumes and is the main souce of energy for the germinating plant. Animal studies have suggested anti-cancer benefits. IP6 also helps to keep blood platelets from clumping together, lowers lipids, and inhibits HIV virus replication.
- ThymuPro: which boosts the thymus (immune regulating gland) in your body.
- Colostrum: the pre-milk fluid secreted by all mammals after giving birth. It acts to transfer valuable immune factors from the mother to the newborn to establish immune defenses. This is why Colostrum is known as nature’s first food for the immune system.
- Larch Arabinogalactan: Is a long, densely branched polysaccharide that has potent biological activity and immune-enhancing properties. Larch arabinogalactan works by blocking bacteria and viruses from attaching and binding to cell membranes. It stimulates the immune response by increasing the number of immune cells present in the blood. It is a unique dietary fiber that has the ability to promote the growth of friendly bacteria, increase the production of short chain fatty acids, and decrease ammonia production.
- Beta glucan: Glucan is a beta 1, 3-linked polyglucose that boosts immune system function by increasing natural killer cell activity, and lysosomal enzyme activity of macrophages. It is very effective at activating macrophages and neutrophils2. These cells provide the immune system's first line of defense against foreign invaders. Activated macrophages or neutrophils can recognize and kill tumor cells, remove cellular debris resulting from oxidative damage, speed up recovery of damaged tissue, and further activate other components of the immune system.
- Astragalus: A traditional Chinese herb, Astragalus contains active ingredients such as saponins, flavonoids, polysaccharides and glycosides, which stimulate immune function by increasing the phagocytotic activity of the white blood.
- Andrographis paniculata: an herbal product derived from the Andrographis Paniculata shrub. It is best known in Western society as a popular over-the-counter alternative remedy for the common cold.
The Way Up recommends the following products:
- Kold Kare
- Transfer Factor Plus or Transfer Factor Basics
- Colostrum Plus Pineapple Chewables - the great taste of this product is a big hit with both adults & children.
LET’S MAKE 2011 THE YEAR WE ALL GET HEALTHY!