Thursday, April 24, 2014

Healthy Pregnancy

Being pregnant comes with a lot of perks – but it also comes with risks. Take care of your growing
baby and your own body. Having a healthy pregnancy doesn't have to be hard.

Here's what it takes:
1. Have a trusted practitioner. Whether its a Certified Nurse Midwife, an Obstetrics Doctor, or another trained professional, make sure that you are visiting with someone for regular checkups during your pregnancy.
2. Take a prenatal vitamin. Start taking a prenatal vitamin a few months before you conceive.
3. Eat healthy. During pregnancy, follow the 80/20 rule – if 80% of what you eat is completely healthy, then you can have fun with food for the other 20%. Watch your weight gain and stay on track – and remember that you are providing nutrition for two!
4. Exercise – a daily 30-minute walk, or other gentle exercise will keep you from gaining too much weight and will move your pelvic muscles and joints, which prevents stiffness and will help the pelvic region to be more flexible during birth.

Visit my website
Please follow us on  and like us on

No comments:

Post a Comment